Read the data on how students in our District and in the province have been doing regarding Career Development.
Click HERE for relevant data (Grade to Grade Transitions – Grades 9-10, 10-11, 11-12; Completion Data; Enrolment in Train in Trades Programs; Enrolment in Work and Volunteer Experience for Credit [WAVE]; PSI Transition Data).
Other District and Provincial Performance Indicators:
- Ministry Transition Reports to Post-Secondary
- Grad Exit Survey
- Enrolment in career pathway programs and micro-credentials
- Attendance Rates
Find out what the data means, both for our District and for our students.
Links and more information to come.
What steps is the District taking to reach our goal? What are we doing to better serve our students?
- Build capacity K-12 on collecting, curating & articulating a Student’s Learning Journey Portfolio.
- Determine Prioritized Learning Standards for Elementary Career Education for Grades K-7. Align and scaffold all Prioritized Learning Outcomes for Career Education K-12.
Develop Assessment Rubrics for Career Education K-12.
Provide exploratory and experiential Career Education learning opportunities for grade 9 students as part of their out-of-timetable course.
Work in partnership with the Career Discovery Program to develop essential skills for students to ensure successful capstone completion for all students.
- Research and develop opportunities and programs that support student transitions beyond the trades.
- Adding Health Sciences Advanced Placement Course with KPU: Summer Cohort 2023, Teen Grief Certificate Training Program 2023.
- Research and develop career and entrepreneurship opportunities to expose intermediate and middle school students to skill building and thinking about post-secondary transition pathways.
- Offer opportunities for parents/guardians to learn about the various applied skills, trades, career pathways, and dual credit programs available to support successful transitions for students.
- Continue building capacity and understanding of the K-12 goals of Career Education around career awareness, exploration, and experiential learning as part of a skill development toward supporting successful transitions.
- Engage in the ongoing updating of Career Curriculum Databases.
- Build capacity K-12 with E-Portfolio tools (MyBluePrint & Spaces) to support collecting and curating evidence of learning and for documenting student reflection and growth.
- Develop Career Education K-7 and Middle School Career Education 6-8.